[CAUT] Re: humidity control >hydrocel

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:19:08 -0500

Keena/and David...

It is called a "hydrocel".  You have to soak them in a tub to
absorb water, which is slowly released over time. Yes, I believe it
came from Germany.
(Where they don't have as much central heating as we do.)
It might work in Europe better than the US. They were in a couple of
piano supply catalogs, but  I have not seen any forsale for sometime.
I sort of dissmissed them since as they would not work very well here
in Iowa
[ or most of the Midwest USA].

You would have to soak them in a tub every day, I think,
and then not keep up.

Richard Adkins
Coe College
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
   1. [admin] humidity control (Redirected by David M. Porritt )

Keena Keel, RPT