[CAUT] sizing key-frame pin holes?

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 08:36:48 -0400

As long as we are worried about this, I'd like to ask: How tight does the pin really need to be?
Last night I pulled a set of keys for rebushing.
The pins were not very tight in the key frame; finger-tight with discomfort.
They had been turned to tighten loose key bushings, and had stayed turned for at least 20 years of light playing.
Set straight with new bushings, there will be no twisting force on them.
Has anyone ever had a problem with keypins coming loose while playing?
Ed S.