[CAUT] key lead pliers?

Dafydd Llwyd Talcott 75711.1537@compuserve.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:43:54 -0400

John--

I looked through every source catalog I have as well
as checking online; I myself cannot find anything, though
I "swore" that I had seen a pair listed someplace.

Boone's book "Regulating Paino Touch & Tone" (p. 55)
suggests using a large screwdriver and heavy hammer.
That has worked for me as well.

Pliers sound sort of neat, but you would have to fabricate a pair
out of some existing compund-joint tool -- along the lines
of a wire bender -- to get the required force over the short
jaw travel.

Cheers,
Dave Talcott
Consultant