[CAUT] Voicing

keenas business keenas.pianos@rcn.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:10:53 -0400

Yes. This was a suggestion.  In fact, I will experiment with this method
first.

When Horace asked me questions about the condition of the piano, the
humidity control, etc., I realized what type of weather we had been
experiencing.  His questions were very helpful.

Keena Keel

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
BobDavis88@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 10:25 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Voicing

In a message dated 9/14/2004 5:49:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
keenas.pianos@rcn.com writes:

This season has posed a new problem.  We had a very damp summer.

If you believe this to be moisture related, did someone suggest ironing?
Anything you do to the strike point will affect the entire dynamic
range, which is I believe what the artist is asking for (not more power,
just a little brightness). Ironing doesn't usually do very much, but you
might not be asking for very much, and it's reversible. Combined with
blending in from the tenor, it might do the trick.

Bob Davis