[CAUT] A-395

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:01:57 -0500

At 08:56 9/29/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks, Richard.
>
>That jibes with Dave's number. Just rounded off.
>
>Avery
>
>At 08:32 AM 9/29/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>on 9/28/04 16:24, Avery Todd at atodd@uh.edu wrote:
>>
>> > List,
>> >
>> > Can anyone give me an idea on the best way to go about
>> > tuning a harpsichord to this pitch level? One of the
>> > ones we have will shift to that position but my SAT will
>> > only go to -198.7 cents for an offset.
>> >
>> > Is the offset for that level about double that for A-415
>> > (101.3 cents) or is it not. I've never had to do it
>> > before, so do not know. Suggestions? Thanks.
>> >
>> > Avery
>> > University of Houston

>>Acording a chart I have, 395 is only 187 cents flat of 440.  That's an equal
>>temp chart I got from Peterson twenty years ago or more.  It shows the
>>frequencies for every note from low C (31.772) all the way up to high B
>>(8133.683).  Hope this helps
>>Richard

Probably dumb question, but...
Couldn't you just set "A"  >_sharp_< 1.3 cents and pretend B is an A?
Equal temp, didn't you say?

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder