[CAUT] Touchweight, etc.

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

The posts on touchweight are informative and
appreciated.  Jim Ellis has pointed to very
foundational matters which cannot be skipped in the
rush to improve "important" problems that appeal to
the high tech.  I agree, friction will cloud the
picture if not dealt with first.

I did not include friction numbers in the data because
I listed D and U from which friction can be derived.
I am looking and testing for friction in keys, action
centers, alignment etc. and working to solve any
issues there before other measurements are taking.
However, I did take a few sample readings before a
thorough investigation into friction was done.

Chris Solliday's post on matching SW to the ratio
makes good sense.  If an action doesn't have the
leverage to lift a particular weight then problems
will result.  This will not only affect touch but also
tone and projection.

Bob Hull