[CAUT] Re: Self-voicing hammers, etc.

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:49:17 -0400

Horace, I agree with you.  Fred may be right, this stuff might not corrode
the strings, but there is just something about the general procedure of
squirting stuff on hammers and then pounding them in the piano that sends
up a red flag to me.  Just in case someone might use too much of it, and it
is not all soaked or dired in, it will not only get on the strings, but it
might spatter onto the damper felts.  I didn't see and hear the
demonstration, so I can't say whether or not it actually works.

Jim Ellis