[CAUT] S&S STack replacement

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:08:08 -0700

Hi, Jon,

In addition to contacting John Dewey, I would suggest getting in contact
with Chris Robinson, who has spent significant time working out these kinds
of problems.

My experience is that simply using the new stack is asking for major
trouble.  Protestations to the contrary notwithstanding, the dimensions and
angles between the rails have been changed over time and the brackets
themselves no longer allow very much room for modification (without
removing the rails and machining the brackets).

Best regards.

Horace