[CAUT] Performance facility inventory

Scott Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:50:12 -0500

Hello Barbara and all,

Murray State has two recital halls in the music buildings. One is 250
seats, and the other around 150. The 250 seat hall has two Ds, although
one of them is in my shop now getting a TON of work (board, block,
bridges, action). The 150 seat hall has an M&H BB.

We also have access to a 2500 seat general purpose hall for large
ensemble recitals and some guest artist needing more seats. That hall
has a ramp to the back stage area of our 250 seat hall. The 2500 seat
hall has a Baldwin F in it full time, but we sometimes move one of the
Ds, or a M&H BB in there (everyone hates the F, especially me ;).

I'd be interested in a compiled copy if and when you do that. Very
interesting.... I could also post it to the CAUT website.

Have a great summer all,
Scott

Murray State University

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Cramer
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:53 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Performance facility inventory

Hi Barbara,

we have a 250 seat recital hall within the music building. There is a D
for recitals and a 7' piano (currently Heintzman) for lectures and
concertos.

There is an SD-10 across the hall for duos, as well as a 1914 D.

Ideally we would/should have two well-matched concert pianos reserved
for recital use, and a 7' work-horse in the wings.  (similar to what you
suggest)

The city concert hall (across the lane) has the same.

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University