[CAUT] Performance facility inventory

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Barbara,

At Union University we have an approx. 250 seat
recital hall with two Hamburg D's from the early
1980's.  In the 1500 seat auditorium there is a very
sad Baldwin D from the 60's and a decent size
Visser-Rowland pipe organ.  The smaller space is
fairly ideal for intimate recital settings, but at
times can't handle the crowd. The favored Hamburg gets
used all day for rehearsals since the room is used
throughout the day. (Making it tough to get in there
during normal hours for recital tunings.)  Another
nice but less expensive piano for choir rehearsals and
classes would be better than wearing out the D IMHO.

At Lambuth University we have a chapel that's used as
their performance hall which seats about 750 and a
1970's era NY Steinway D.  This hall is not used for
classes.