[CAUT] NASM Standards

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:54:37 -0400

On Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at 02:27 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> =A0The NASM team identified the piano inventory as an area that needed=20=

> remediation =96 meaning they accredited, but required a report as to =
how=20
> the department was addressing this issue.

I think what I was trying to say was why can't they publish the=20
criteria they use to come to the conclusion that your inventory "needed=20=

remediation", so that we can be using that as budget leverage between=20
evaluations?  I didn't really mean to have NASM "hold a stick over=20
their heads" regarding piano inventory -- just some indication of what=20=

they use to measure it.  NASM's evaluation process has a lot of clout=20
and influence in budgeting levels, as we are hearing (WOW! Scott!).  I=20=

think schools would welcome being able to see into the criteria. =20
Instead it does seem to have the potential of being very subjective.

Am I making any sense today?  (got very little lsepe last night)

Jeff

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched