[CAUT] NASM Standards

wimblees@aol.com wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:41:06 -0400

From: Scott Thile <scott.thile@murraystate.edu>

As a result of the NASM reaccredidation process and attentive follow up
by our Chair and Dean we received funding for badly needed replacements
for our Keyboard lab (16 CLP 115s and 2 CVP 201s), 10 new P-22s, and a
commitment to funding additional grand rebuild projects on an ongoing
basis. Not to mention additional support and commitment on a couple of
critical positions, more scholarship dollars, and additional equipment
and maintenance funding.

Isn't it ashame that it takes an outside accreditation process to convince upper management what we've been trying to tell them all along.

And the best part for me.... I think because the evaluation team was
apparently impressed with the importance of my position and mentioned
this directly to our Dean, I received a large merit raise each of the
last two years, and also have some relief from extra duties so I can
concentrate on piano priorities.

Again, why does it take someone from the outside to recognize your talents and dedication? I'm happy for you, I just wish I had known this a couple of years ago before NASM got here. I would have picked them up from the airport and taken them to dinner.
Wim