[CAUT] glue sizing

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:12:20 -0400

Hey Wim -
A bunch of good suggestions.  My one addition is to swap the hole with some
alcohol, before applying warm to hot sizing solution.  If the keys are
dirty, the solution just seems to sit without absorbing into the fibers
unless I've used something to break the water's surface tension,
.  Otherwise, my current preference for older keys is probably more along
Don's "pin-less" approach.  For new keys, I'd probably try the pin-caul
method, if I had the correct size pin.

David Skolnik