[CAUT] glue sizing (great tip!!)

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:07:42 -0500

Thanks for this great tip David (swabbing the hole w/alcohol to break
surface tension) I will add it to my recipe!

Mark Cramer
Brandon University

BTW, for the same reason I swithced to re-sizing flange birds-eyes with an
alcohol/glue solution rather than water/glue, several years ago:

(squirt in with a syringe, blow out with compressed air, dry over
Dampp-Chaser bar... works fine!)

I wonder why I wouldn't replace the water in key-hole sizing solution with
alcohol as well? The wood is already swollen from steam, so it's not as
though I need the water to swell the wood. Anyone comment?

THANKS!

 My one addition is to swap the hole with