[CAUT] Center pinning

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:36:47 -0500

Alan:

I'm probably at the tight end of the spectrum because I like the
repetition you get when the repetition spring is set pretty strong, yet
I don't like the hammer to jump.  I'm sure there is a "too tight" but I
really don't know what problems I'd look for that would be caused by it.
Bill Garlick was the first I'd heard who recommended pretty tight
pinning.  I tried it and I liked it.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@smu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Alan McCoy
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:40 PM
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Center pinning

Thanks David and Don,

Interesting that we have 4g or 6-8g at the pad. Anyone else out there
have
spec and rationale. I guess when I have actually done this with a gauge
have aimed for 4-6g also at the pad (using the pad more for convenience
than
anything more sophisticated) but I have always wondered as I was doing
it
about the rationale for this method and about the practical effect for
the
pianist.

Speaking of RH maybe it's better think of specs as x grams @ 45%. So in
this
light, is your spec at a medium RH like 45%?

Alan