[CAUT] Sacrifice (was tuners- technology)

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 06:33:16 -0600

Well, I'm not talking about leaving sloppy thirds, just that if a piano
requires a compromise in certain areas of the scale and the choice is
between nicely progressing thirds OR good octaves, I'll always sacrifice
the thirds for the octaves.  Generally, pianists who can tell a flawed
thirds progression have pianos that don't require that kind of
compromise.

=20

dp

=20