[CAUT] LCD projectors for seminar

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:45:50 -0800

Thanks, Horace,
Dean Reyburn also likes his NEC, but someone else found it hard to
reconfigure for assorted computers.  Since we will be needing to accommodate
a wide range of computers, this is of prime importance.  Thanks for your
input.  I'll pass on the info to the right person.
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Island Piano Service
Bainbridge Island, WA
206-842-3721
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Horace
Greeley
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:18 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] LCD projectors for seminar

Hi, Jeannie,

At 08:35 AM 3/2/2005, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>Sorry to take up space for this, but I need some advice regarding LCD
>projectors.  The Pacific Northwest Conference is considering buying one
>rather than renting at extreme rates.  Anyone who has some up-to-date info
>on good brands, nice features, ,etc, etc. please contact me off list.  We
>need to move on this in the next couple of days.

We have had good luck/experience with NEC units here (we own
several).  They make a fairly recent model that projects 2100 Lumens at
enough pixels for HDTV use.  These are fairly small and light weight.  I'm
not sure exactly what they cost, but am remembering the discussion as being
in the neighborhood of $2K.

>   Thanks much.

Most welcome.  HTH.

Best.