[CAUT] William Wolfram

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:21:59 EST

The above named pianist played the Beethoven C minor on the new Steinway,
(the one I've been telling you about), with the Alabama Symphony in our concert
hall several weeks ago. Unfortunately, after the concert, Mr. Wolfram
supposedly  made the comment "I will never come to Tuscaloosa again if I have to play
on  this instrument". What didn't help is that our local paper's critic heard
about  the comment, and trashed the instrument in the paper.

Although I don't think the piano is as bad as it is being made out to  be, I
am taking a lot of heat from the some of the faculty members. I  reminded them
that 5 previous concert artists didn't say anything about the  piano. In
fact, two of them had their choice between our two grands, and chose  the new one.

My question to you guys is this. Have any of you had any experience dealing
with Mr. Wolfram? I don't know the man, but have heard he is young and
inexperienced. I've heard, from you guys, that the better players know how  to play
on any piano, but the less experienced are  more critical.

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music