[CAUT] M&H pressure lube

Danny L Tassin tassin@msu.edu
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:03:19 -0500

Great, Lance,

I think if you really work hard at what I told you, you'll find that you
really don't need to (shouldn't) use ANY kind of lube (wet or dry) anywhere
on the strings or near any tuning pin(s).

One of the other techs who wrote in is correct in saying that no one should
be using any kind of lube ( "joking" or not ) anywhere around those points
we discussed.   ( Wim, you rascal, you...)  Ha !!   Like I said, I've
"heard" of some using a "very small, tinsy, bit" with a piano wire, right
around the pressure bar, or "V"-Bar, but that was usually up around the
duplex area where the strings are crossing the felt laid over the plate,
also.

However, try what we talked about first.  I'm sure you'll find that you can
save your "lube" for other areas that really need it.

Best to you.
Let us know your results ...

Dan Tassin, RPT
Piano Technician