[CAUT] D complimented

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:34:27 EST

Today was the faculty recital on the D I've been discussing, and the  results
were very favorable.

This morning I spent an hour and half tuning and spot voicing the  piano, and
at 1 PM met with the professor, where he pointed out a few minor  shift
voicing problems. He did say he wished there was a little more  power in the 5th
octave, but I pointed out that it might make the piano too  brittle. And
besides, he didn't want any changes at this point.

After the recital he looked very pleased, and thanked me for the work on  the
piano. This, for me, was a big relief. I had been uptight about this for
several weeks. (Ask my wife. She's been a saint for putting up with me).

Not only was the professor happy, guess who also showed up? The critic who
slammed my piano three weeks ago. Actually, he is a good friend of mine, and
I've worked on his piano. At intermission we talked, and he said he thought
the piano sounded great.

So, the bottom line, at least for now, is that the professor is happy, the
critic is happy, and that makes me happy. (I haven't heard from the other piano
 professor, but I'll worry about that some other time).

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Technician
School of Music