[CAUT] Bench Day(s)

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:46:54 -0600

When I was at IWU, I always sent the benches to physical plant for =
repair.  Maybe it was an advantage of a small school or I just was just =
bold enough to say, "Would you fix this, please?"   Or, maybe I could =
get away with it because I am a........girl!  ;-)

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] Bench Day(s)

  In a message dated 3/22/05 12:32:39 P.M. Central Standard Time, =
atodd@uh.edu writes:
    Well, at least maybe that'll prevent any more from breaking for a =
while!
    Now maybe I can get back to piano work! :-)=20

    Avery=20

  Why is that we, as piano technicians, are expected to also be =
carpenters, refinishers. electricians, computer guru's, etc. ? I say, =
let the department pay to have the benches repaired, or buy new ones. =
Maybe the professors will start telling the students to take better care =
of the benches when they find out that their money for music is being =
used to buy new benches.

  OK, I feel better now, too.=20

  Wim