[CAUT] Bench Day(s)

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:10:53 -0600

Any photos Jim?

(no, not of the student landing on their...!)

Mark Cramer
Brandon University
  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Jim
Busby
  Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:20 PM
  To: College and University Technicians
  Subject: RE: [CAUT] Bench Day(s)

  List,

              FWIW, here at BYU we have replaced all wood benches (with the
exception of the concert benches) with sturdy metal benches made by one of
our shops for about $50.00. We keep the wooden benches in the box, in
storage for when we sell the pianos when they get about 20 years old (Grands
much older). We had an incident where a bench broke and a student was hurt,
so we went to these. You could drive a car over these benches, and the
padded seat is quite comfortable. Works for us.

              Jim Busby BYU