[CAUT] Protek and Sluggish Dampers

t.seay@mail.utexas.edu t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:36:15 -0600

Hi Tim,

I remember this happening to me on a Baldwin grand, circa late 70s. After
observing much of what you described, I ended up removing the damper guide
rails and sizing the cloth with methanol and water. I inserted bridge pins into
each hole while I dried the cloth with a heat gun and that seemed to work just
fine. No further problems.

Good luck,

Tom Seay
The University of Texas at Austin