[CAUT] Bench Day(s) - Thank Kent

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:09:51 -0600

Right!  These limits get pushed around from time to time.  If a lot of
people with dial-up connections complain about big files it tends to get
reduced.  If people complain a lot about not being able to post small
pictures, it gets pushed up.  It's software configurable and we just try
to keep people happy.  Frankly on the CAUT list I doubt there are a lot
of dial-up people but then I might be surprised. =20

=20

If you send one picture and it's not a large high-res picture, it should
normally go through.  If you send it as an attachment to a plain-text
message it will be even smaller.  You can look at the file size of a
picture before sending and pretty much know if it will make it.

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt