Steamers again, wasRE: [CAUT] Pulley keys.

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:26:51 -0500

Ed, others-
I recently bought and subsequently returned a Scunci steamer.  It looked=20
nice enough and had multiple attachments, however the actual temperature=20
and control of what emerged were inadequate.  The "mist" it produced was=20
mostly a function of the pressure created inside the vessel.  It did not=20
feel hot, holding my hand little more than an inch away from the=20
spout.  Also, the The claims made by this product regarding its sanitizing=
=20
abilities (in home cleaning, not pianos) seemed rather far fetched.  So I'm=
=20
wondering if you think there is anything about the Singer steamer you=20
mentioned that I might find any different.  In fact, if anyone wouldn't=20
mind posting their own preferences (again, as I know this has been=20
discussed previously, though it may have been on pianotech), or perhaps=20
directing me to a previous discussion, I would be grateful.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY