[CAUT] Story & Clark Prelude 152

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:02:43 -0500

Fred-

Well...the customer bought this contraption contrary to my advice because she saw no reason to avoid such a good bargain....$5000 and shaped like a grand piano...
And now you are challenging me to do good work on it!

Ed  :-(   Sutton

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Sturm
To: ed440@mindspring.com, College and University Technicians
Sent: 3/31/2005 5:37:46 PM
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Story & Clark Prelude 152

On 3/31/05 1:44 AM, "Ed Sutton" <ed440@mindspring.com> wrote:

A few weeks ago I tuned one where the squeak was in the rubber cup in the pedal heel.  I squirted some Pro-lube in the cup and the squeak stopped.  Pro-lube grease might have been better.

I find it better to remove the rubber cap and replace with two short, narrow strips of leather, laid crosswise in the hole (a tip I got from someone else on this list). A bit of powdered teflon on the leather for luck. I’ve found that those rubber cap squeaks almost always come back after lubrication, sometimes fairly quickly. Haven’t yet had a squeak with two strips of leather.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico