[CAUT] Wip't... FYI Resource

Elwood Doss edoss@utm.edu
Wed, 4 May 2005 09:55:42 -0500

I know this is a bit callous, but it's nice to hear of a plant being
closed in Mexico, rather than one being closed in the US and opened in
Mexico.  We are having waaaaaayyyy too much of that going on!

By the way, Guy, please excuse my ignorance, but what does "SAMA" stand
for and where is it located?
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr. M.M.E.; RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director
Department of Music
145 Fine Arts Building
The University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, TN  38238
731/881-1852
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Nichols
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:51 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Wip't... FYI Resource

Jon,
     With the closure (by Gibson) of the Pratt-Win plant in Juarez,
there
are quite a few parts no longer available. At SAMA, we employ many
former
Baldwin plant workers, and we currently remanufacture whippens and other

parts from all manufacturers. Most of the time, it's very economical
compared to replacement. Sometimes, due to geometry or weight, it's also

preferable to use the original part.
    Just another resource, FYI.

Regards,
Guy Nichols, RPT