[CAUT] Wip't... FYI Resource

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Wed, 04 May 2005 18:17:21 -0600

At 09:55 AM 5/4/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>I know this is a bit callous, but it's nice to hear of a plant being
>closed in Mexico, rather than one being closed in the US and opened in
>Mexico.  We are having waaaaaayyyy too much of that going on!

Any piano or piano parts plant closing is not good news. Although some of
the equipment went back to Arkansas, you can guess that Gibson/Baldwin's
new venture in China will probably have an impact on their (Baldwin's)
action production. The problems surrounding out sourcing are quite complex,
and include major issues with non-manufacturing commerce, also. As for
pianos, keep in mind just how small the music industry is compared to
something like.... pretzels. The big economic impact comes from Wal-Mart,
not from the players in our little court.

>By the way, Guy, please excuse my ignorance, but what does "SAMA" stand
>for and where is it located?
>Joy!
>Elwood

Gee, Elwood, let me be lazy and just direct you to the Web Page:
www.samapiano.com
Any left-over questions feel free to ask.

>Elwood Doss, Jr. M.M.E.; RPT
>Piano Technician/Technical Director
>Department of Music
>145 Fine Arts Building