[CAUT] Storytone piano

Lwellerrpt@aol.com Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Sun, 8 May 2005 05:10:26 EDT

39 World's Fair was New York.  33 World's fair was Chicago.

Your musings sent me on a late night search for 39 World's  Fair+piano.

This is the best of what I found.
Vintage pianos ads.  This site will keep me busy for days and  days.
_http://shop.vendio.com/vintageads4u/page/0/25/?search_cmd=1&categ=7833_
(http://shop.vendio.com/vintageads4u/page/0/25/?search_cmd=1&categ=7833)

Another search of RCA+piano+world's fair gave me these:

History of David Sarnoff, who developed commercial radio was  president of
RCA.  Do you think Bill Gates took a lesson from his  life?
_http://www.geocities.com/neveyaakov/electro_science/sarnoff.html_
(http://www.geocities.com/neveyaakov/electro_science/sarnoff.html)

Dude ... you forgot that Cristofori guy.  Otherwise interesting  timeline of
electronica.
_http://www.jam2dis.com/j2delectronicahist4.htm_
(http://www.jam2dis.com/j2delectronicahist4.htm)

It looks like Earl Hines toured with a piano like yours.  See  1940:
_http://www.fenderrhodes.com/history/timeline.php_
(http://www.fenderrhodes.com/history/timeline.php)

There is obviously a market for 39 World's Fair collectibles.  A  whole other
world ('s fair) is out there for you to find.

Lisa Weller

P. S, If my mother lets me, I'll take a look at the collection of
memorabilia my father collected when he was a kid and spent the summer going to  the
fair.