[CAUT] Disklavier question

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:01:48 -0600

List,

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the damper lift tray
without having to remove all the dampers, etc. on a C-3 Disklavier
app. 4-5 yrs. old? :-( A Mark III type, I believe.

There's a "click" kind of noise when depressing the sustain pedal and
I "think" I've isolated it to one or more of the three wood blocks
that are screwed into the aluminum tray from above.
By using the sostenuto to hold the dampers up and lifting the tray
with my hand, I've isolated the noise to something related to the tray.

I couldn't find mine right now but would a small offset screwdriver
get in there to tighten the screws? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston