[CAUT] Large wire spool?

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:02:33 -0700

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:51 AM
To: 'College and University Technicians'
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Large wire spool?

=09
________________________________

	From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Nichols
	Sent: November 08, 2005 9:21 PM
	To: College and University Technicians

	Jim,
	   At the plant, we have shelves on the wall behind the pianos
in the stringing room. The shelves have sections (about 10 inches tall)
of Sono-tube concrete casting forms. Like used for pillars, posts, and
cat houses. About 15" dia. In the section of tube, is a wooden wheel
with a few upright dowels. A notch in the side of the tube allows the
wire to spool out, while the wheel rotates in the tube. Snap-on pipe
insulation protects the rim of the piano as the wire is dragged off the
shelf to be used. No, I didn't invent it, but I think it's slick!
=09
	later,
	Guy
=09