[CAUT] a bad habit??

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:25:55 -0400

On Sep 30, 2005, at 5:07 PM, Wolfley, Eric ((wolfleel)) wrote:

> Hey Jeff, get that music desk back in place as soon as possible. If
> you
> don't, somebody will take one from another piano and put it in
> there...

Yeah, I know.  I've seen kids try to use S$S music desks on
Baldwins.  I've only had it a couple of days.  But it came in one day
I was extremely busy and I just completely forgot it, then this
thread reminded me.

These Baldwin music desks are a real pain.  The way the hinge is
made, the screws strip out really easily and the little thing that
goes into the actual desk is only held in place by a thin layer of
veneer.  The least bit of pressure on the desk will tear them all to
pieces.  Constant repair issues.