[CAUT] Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 06:09:57 -0400

Susan -
Thanks for cluing me to the recent discourse that I seem to have zoned
on.  Thank goodness I didn't REALLY step in it and ask something
like,  "So, what do people think about CA in pinblocks?"  I've got some
reading to catch up on.

Gary Mushlin wrote:

>  have been told that the UFO can be just as toxic. I don't remember
>who I asked; maybe it was Dryburgh, who sells the glue, and has an ad
>in the PTG Journal. My understanding was that the fumes are still
>there, but the odor is "masked." Before you try it, you might talk to
>him.

I asked this question of Bill Hunter at Satellite City, and he claimed that
this was not the case...that there were, in fact, no fumes.  At this point,
my choice seems to be either to pay the money & use myself as a guinea pig,
(sit with some open glue under my nose while watching encore of "Curb Your
Enthusiasm"), or, alternatively, seek out some authoritative, unimpeachable
source.

I'll dwell on this question as I go back a week or so (over 1000 posts on
pianotech) to see what trouble this sssssssssssssssnnnn  type person hath
wrought. ;)  My question, however, remains...any symptoms out there?

Thanks -

David Skolnik