[CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:04:50 -0300

I can't see a problem, with determining the way the numbers go.
Whichever number is on the end, start there and move on to the next number, then you change gauges.
i.e. If 13 is at the right hand set of pins it starts there. You will find that when you get to the #19 or #20 it will be in from the first set of the thicker gauge. Conversely, if the #19 is at the first set of pins, on the left. (Mind you left and right can be reversed, if it is on a grand, or tilted.) Then obviously, you start your count from there.
I have found no exceptions, to this.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Tanner
  To: College and University Technicians
  Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 1:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

  On Oct 13, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

    Common sense is an oxymoron. <snip>  The numbers are there so we don't HAVE to remember which way the count goes. We can figure it out from the placement of the numbers and hitch pattern (if necessary).

  Ok, so maybe not common sense, but everything else about our culture puts us in the mindset of things naturally progressing from left to right.  When one sees a 15 stamped on the plate, for example, it is completely natural to be in the mindset that that unison and the wires to the right of that stamp are 15 and those to the left of that stamp are size 15 1/2 (or whatever the next size stamp reads), but that is not the case at all.
  Jeff