[CAUT] lack of support

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:04:54 -0600

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Busby=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:49 AM
  Subject: RE: [CAUT] lack of support

  Wim,

  =20

  Just a thought - Do you attend many of their concerts? All of us =
should go to as many faculty recitals as we can and make our presence =
known. Call it brown nosing if you want, but when a faculty member gives =
a recital I let them see me "hovering" around the piano as if their =
recital was the most important event of the semester. From then on when =
I see them in the hall they thank me for the work I did. Actually, I =
didn't do that much extra work, I just made sure they knew I was there =
for them. It greases the wheel enormously and they become friends. And =
frankly, I think that's how we should all treat each other. One big =
problem though, by making these friends I got my foot caught in the =
door. I don't want to leave BYU and my friends.

  =20

  Regards,

  Jim Busby BYU

  =20

  p.s. I don't really like going to all the recitals, but I do try to go =
to faculty recitals when my pianos are involved. Afterwards, I'm almost =
always glad I went.

  =20

-----

    =20