[CAUT] RX-6 Tapered Damper Timing

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:21:57 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2005 7:37:26 PM Central Standard Time,
andrew@andersonmusic.com writes:

Another  issue was the piano had been put on a truck (stage
piano).  The lyre  is very close to the floor.  The pedals just-about
bottom-out on the  floor.  This is an uncomfortable leverage position
for the foot and  their pianist had complained.  They wanted me to
shorten the lyre.  ;-)   I suggested adding to the legs.  Question is,
are  piano trucks usually adjustable?

Andrew Anderson
for UISD, LCC,  TAMIU

Andrew

Trucks do not have an adjustment. But the reason the lyre is too close to
the floor is because the truck's arms are bending, which lowers the whole piano.
 This is easy to spot, with the middle of the truck, the center of the three
arms, is probably up quite a bit, and the leg plates are almost to the floor.
 This is most likely cause by having a truck that is not the right size for
the  piano. There is not enough sleeve in each of tthe arms to make it stable.
The only solution is to put the piano on a bigger truck. If there is enough
sleeve in each arm, then you need to take the weight of the truck, and tighten
 all the bolts.

Wim