[CAUT] Steinway Technical

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Aug 3 07:32:57 MDT 2006

Me, I just do the top. I guess I can see an argument for doing the
bottom, but it seems far more trouble than it is worth. We don't want
to encourage the keys to pop up and down (though if they pop up - and
we see by high speed videography that they do - we want them to fall
back down). I think if the pin is bad enough to need it at the
bottom, it should probably be replaced. It's bushing longevity, plus
keeping bushing friction to a minimum while maintaining close
tolerances, that I am focused on.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico