[CAUT] RE : comparisons

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 17 19:09:19 MDT 2006

Hi Aaron,

I have. I find the T-121 to be a U-1 with less frills. Hammers don't
have underfelt and are not voiced as well as U-1, but, otherwise, the
same to me. It seems to be the exact same scale as the U-1. I use the
same tuning file and it fits right in. The only thing I don't like about
them is the way the furniture is put together. The T-121's fallboard is
glued & srewed to the front board that we have to take off for service.
This piece is very heave and there is no grip to hold it while removing
and re-installing. Also the bottom board is very difficult to remove and
put back since it is oversized for the clearance available between the
sides and the  front legs.

The T-116 I don't find very interesting. The treble is OK but the break
doesn't please me.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC