[CAUT] Tenor thonk

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Tue Aug 29 07:17:55 MDT 2006

Hello Greg,

>  . . . Care to share which manufacture did the commissioning?

I think it may be a little too early  (and perhaps inappropriate on
my part) to disclose the manufacturer's identity just yet. However,
it provides me with a most welcome opportunity for putting some of
the evolutionary ideas, which have been discussed on this list (and
on the pianotech list in particular) over many years, into a real
live piano. I feel that one of the major problems with upright piano
design is finding room enough to build a satisfactory bridge height
in the long bridge for good tone production. I believe that I have
found a solution. I didn't think that I would get excited about
designing an upright, but I must say that I am really looking forward
to getting the prototype built and playing.

The pianotech list was an incredible discussion group a couple of
years before a few personality issues spoilt a marvelous thing.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have fully recovered. Some very good
people went missing, which was regrettable.

Thank you also to those friends and colleagues who have written to me
with their positive words of encouragement.

Best regards,
Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY