[CAUT] Piano Techs as Piano Movers?

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Sat Jun 3 14:27:08 MDT 2006

On Jun 3, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> We also did the new carpet/painting bit a few years ago. Student
> and grounds crew backs and arms, my supervision, 2x4s and moving
> blankets for the hallway storage.  Hardest part of the move way was
> making sure the Dampp-Chaser tanks were empty...

And airplanes and automobiles USUALLY arrive at their destination
safely.

It's the small percentage that don't which run up our insurance costs
and taxes.

And most of those that don't tend to be inexperienced drivers and
pilots.

Why don't we start having the piano professors tune their own
pianos?  That would save money too.  Obviously, if you know how to
play it, that makes you an expert on fixing it doesn't it?

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina