[CAUT] Piano Techs as Piano Movers?

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Mon Jun 5 11:21:02 MDT 2006

Hello Brian,

Here at EWU I supervise all piano moves in the music department. Within the
building I will often move uprights and harpsichords myself, but I always
have transportation provide the brawn for the grands. I actively discourage
piano moving "on whimsy," typically by enlisting the aid of the person whose
whimsy it is.

The other pianos on campus are not in my jurisdiction so that's up to the
transport guys. I don't want to know about those moves! Don't really want to
ever see those pianos either for that matter. :-)

Your technicians no doubt have enough on their plate already given the
activity there (my daughter is in grad school there). Using your techs as
movers is a waste of their expertise, IMHO.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at mail.ewu.edu