[CAUT] Topping up the tank

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Thu Jun 8 08:35:35 MDT 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Stan Kroeker wrote:

> If this works (the reservoir would have to be perfectly level, of
> course), you could simply mark a line on the watering can to
> indicate the 'top-up' amount.  How close to the top of the tank do
> you dare to fill, Fred?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stan Kroeker

The way I've always done it is to watch the lights as I'm pouring the
water.  When the light stops flashing, that is the point at which the
tank is exactly one full watering can low.  Stop filling, go fill the
watering can back up to the fill line and finish filling the tank.
Fool proof.  No digital sensing devices needed.

Of course, right now, I only have the units in teaching studios and
the profs will fill the tanks as soon as the lights come on because
under the bass edge of the keyboard the flashing lights are
distracting to the player.

(and even in these high humidity summers the tanks need filling more
often than every two weeks -- more like a week to 10 days.)

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina