[CAUT] Topping up the tank

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jun 8 09:19:14 MDT 2006

Jeff Tanner wrote:

 ... and even in these high humidity summers the tanks need filling more
often than every two weeks -- more like a week to 10 days.

That's the one thing (or one of the things) that I don't get about these
systems.  I'm fortunate that our climate here is sufficiently benign
that we don't have any systems installed.  As the system is currently
designed, it forces humidity into the piano - even when the ambient
humidity is high - and then forces it out.  To me it would make more
sense to have the humidifier come on at say 35% and the dehumidifier to
come on at 50% (45%??) but in between those it would leave the poor
piano alone!  Or in the summer if your humidity is high, just disconnect
the humidifier and the opposite in the winter.  What good is it to
continually humidify then dehumidify the piano probably several times a
day?

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu