[CAUT] various tool suppliers

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Fri Jun 9 08:10:37 MDT 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 10:15 PM, Debra Feiger wrote:

> I'm trying to find vendors for a few items if anyone
> can help me find out who sells:
>
> magnetic let-off strips,

Years ago, I bought a roll of 3M magnetic tape from KMart, removed
the adhesive backing, cut it into octavish length pieces, and
straightened it.  I use single strips for grands and double it for
uprights.  I'm sure Wally World has it as well.  Check the hobby
section.

> good sharp scissors to cut felt,

I bought DuraSharp sewing scissors from Wal Mart for less than 5
bucks.  They've worked for me.

> a tilter for upright pianos,

If Schaff or the other suppliers don't have them, also watch Ebay.
There is an unbelievable selection of new and used piano servicing
equipment on there.

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina