[CAUT] Topping tank/summer shut-down

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sat Jun 10 21:04:08 MDT 2006

Half a DC system is like a car's cruise control: it can accelerate rapidly,
but can only coast to slow down.  In a hilly situation, it doesn't hold your
target speed well.  Sure, ambient air is humid, but not as humid as the
water tank can make it (probably!).

DC has been around for almost 60 years now; I'm sure they've tested
humidistats with various sensitivity levels.  I'd be concerned about the
possible problems from painting over lights, and also instilling a lack of
confidence in the devices themselves.  But you've gotta make things work
with the situation you have.  If you can fit two tanks in, that might be a
worthwhile one-time investment.

--Cy--
SHUSTERpiano.com