[CAUT] New Department Administrators

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:15:36 MDT 2006

Rob:

I have been here through 3 chairs/directors and an additional 4 interim
directors.  They all have the same job to do regardless of personal
preferences.   They all have to make the department run within the
budget allocated.  I haven't noted any seismic changes when the director
is changed.

Like all schools we are in constant need to update the inventory.  I'm
fortunate here that the head of piano agrees that we should spend the
bulk of our money rebuilding rather than replacing.  You get a better
result for less money.  We do have a few grand pianos that I don't see
as long term instruments, but 75% are Steinways that I want to just
rebuild and keep going.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu