[CAUT] New Department Administrators

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 09:34:40 MDT 2006

Regarding a budget, I haven't had one since I've been here. I was able
to buy some parts, but had to ask for them. But yesterday I had meeting
with my chair, and I brought this subject up again. I gave him a list
of our inventory, which comes to a little less than $2M. I also gave
him a list of pianos that need replacement parts that I need NOW, which
comes to about $50,000. He was impressed, and agreed that I needed a
budget. He brought up that he is sure the motor pool has a budget to
maintain it's fleet of cars. He promised to try to get some money for
me. (He has to go to the Dean to get it). I'm not holding my breath,
but it's nice to know that he finally understands the need for a
budget.

Wim