[CAUT] lacquor

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:19:48 MDT 2006

At 11:52 AM 6/16/2006, you wrote:
>On Jun 16, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Ken Zahringer wrote:
>
>>I just went down to my local Ace Hardware and bought a quart can of
>>Parks clear gloss lacquer.  It runs around 24% solids, and I dilute
>>it with straight acetone.
>>
>>Ken Z.
>
>There was a part of a can of Parks here when I came here.  I've
>gotten some nice results with it.

Parks works very well and seems to be more stable than most.  Also,
especially if working with light solutions, it is possible to move
between their standard gloss lacquer and the white lacquer sanding
sealer.  The latter is useful if one is feeling one's way with
learning how to use hardeners as it breaks down over time and is more
easily washed out, if necessary.

Best.

Horace