[CAUT] Piano Horse/moving ideas

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK@missouri.edu
Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:20:42 -0600

Yeah, it=B9s pretty pricey, and I could probably build something like it.
Other people have as well, see Brad Smith=B9s or Lowell Wakker=B9s web sites.
Lowell gave a great class at convention a few years back about some of the
stuff he has come up with.  But here=B9s the deal:  by the time I designed it=
,
bought the materials, built it, tested it, re-designed it, rebuilt it,
re-tested it, etc., I=B9m sure I would have gone through way more than $600 i=
materials and labor.  Better to just buy the thing and move on to more
important (and more profitable) activities.  My list of things to do is too
long as it is.

Regards,
Ken Z.

On 2/28/06 4:03 PM, "Rob Goodale" <rrg@unlv.nevada.edu> wrote:

> The "Piano Horse" appears VERY expensive.  Looking at the design it appea=
rs to
> be something like an upright tilter.  I could probably build that.  I hav=
> done plenty of welding in my time and have the equipment.  I am wondering
> about maybe building an all-in-one dolly/skid.  In other words a skid tha=
t has
> built-in outrigger wheels and notches where a piano horse type tilter cou=
ld
> slip under somewhat like a fork lift.  Since I have only one piano that
> typically gets moved around for events I could even permanently attach so=
me
> sort to guides to the keybed that the tilter would clip onto in order to
> prevent it from slipping out.  Your thoughts??
> =20
> Rob Goodale, RPT
> Las Vegas, NV
>=20