[CAUT] was caf now seasonal sb failure.

DCyr141833@aol.com DCyr141833@aol.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:44:43 EST

If you're using Steinway NY hammers, be careful.  I believe they are now
"prelacquering" at the factory.  I've been used to just "soaking" them, as Ed
described, right out of the box, until last August when I returned an action to
the piano only to find I had pretty much killed them.  I ended up replacing the
hammers with another set of NY hammers after having talked to Kent, who
acknowledged that the factory had been experimenting with prelacquering.  I asked
him to please put a note in the box warning technicians like me who are so used
to just pouring on the lacquer.  He said they would - but quite a few sets
later, I still haven't seen any note.  I haven't had to hardly put any lacquer on
any set since then - they look better, they file better, and less lacquer on
my end.  I like it!!!
Just be warned!!!
Debbie Cyr